Do I need planning permission?

Some minor developments may come under the category of ‘Permitted Development’ and as such will not require planning permission.  However, it is always advisable to contact your local council’s planning department to enquire if your development needs consent.  Most new building work will need building regulation approval too.

The planning department will give you information as to whether your development requires planning permission, what is required and the likelihood of your planning application being successful.

Alternatively you may wish to employ a representative (e.g. Architect or Building Surveyor) to do this on your behalf. We will be happy to guide you through this process.
Please see our list of Local Council contact details for your convenience.